The Mentoring International Coordinator for Panama, Gerardo Arias (GCL 2012, Panamá) announced the launch of the e-mentoring program for low income students in El Salvador and Panama in order to support them to finish high school and in the application process to higher education.
Objectives of the mentoring program
- Motivate students to finish their high school studies.
- Help students decide what they would like to study after finishing their high school.
- Provide support in the application process to higher education institutions and/or scholarships.
- Help improve the English knowledge of the students.
Requirements to participate as a mentor
- Be interested in mentoring a student and provide academic and professional guidance for at least a year (March 2015 through November 2015).
- Have completed technical or university studies.
- Live outside of the student’s country.
- Have an advanced proficiency of English.
- Be between the ages of 23 and 40 years.
- Be willing to dedicate time to mentor a student (between 3 and 4 hours per month).
- Have access to internet.
- Be selected to be a mentor by the Coordination Committee of the Mentoring Program.
If you would like to participate in this Program, please complete the attached application and send it to email@example.com by Thursday, January 15th, 2014. Should you have any questions about the Program and/or the application process, you can send an email to the above email address.
- Further information about the Program is available in mentoringinternational.org»
- You can also visit the page in Facebook»